Adding games in SportLynx is very quick and efficient when you know how. Follow these steps to learn how to add a game.
Step 1: Login to your SportLynx account. From the dashboard, click on your organization's drop-down menu.
Step 2: From the drop-down list, under the Programs section, click on the program you want to add a game for.
Step 3: Find and click the Competition section at the bottom of the sidebar menu.
Step 4: Choose the competition you want to add a game for.
Step 5: On the following screen, you will see lists of divisions divided into two categories - Boys and Girls.
Step 6: Click on the division you want to add a new game for.
Step 7: You are now in the Games module. Click on the Edit button on the lower right corner of the screen.
Step 8: Now click on New Game.
Step 9: A pop-up window will appear. You will see four options - Home Team, Away Team, Field, and Date & Time.
Step 10: Click on Select next to Home Team.
Step 11: You will be presented with a pop-up for selecting the Home Team. Consider the following things while selecting a Home Team.
1. You can simply search a Home Team by name in the search box (you can hit Enter or click the search icon to trigger the search).
2. You can use filters to narrow the teams in the list to choose from.
Step 12: Click the team you want, and then click the OK button on the top-right corner of the pop-up window.
After you have selected your desired Home Team and clicked OK, the home team is added to the game selections.
Step 13: Now click on the drop-down Select button adjacent to Away Team.
Step 14: You are given two options:
- From your club or league - choose this option if your club or league's home team is playing each other in this game. You will be able to select one of your own teams with this option.
- From another club or league - choose this option if your team is playing a team outside your club or league.
- If you select the option for a team in your club or league, you will be presented with the same list of teams that you saw when picking a Home Team. Click the one you want, and then click the OK button.
- If you choose the option to select an Away Team "from another club," you will be presented with a different list of teams to choose from. These are "external teams" - teams that are not in your club or league. If you see the team you want, just click it and then click the OK button.
Step 16: If the away team you want is not on the list, create a new team by clicking on Create a team.
Step 17: Another pop-up window will appear on your screen that will look like this.
Step 18: You can enter all the details of the external team - however only the Name is required. The pop-up is divided into three sections.
- In the first one, enter the name & short name of the external team and the name of the club to which the team belongs.
- Secondly, enter the details about the Head Coach. Here, enter the name, last name, contact number and email of the head coach. When the game is scheduled or canceled, this coach will receive an email notifying him of the actions.
- In the third and last section, enter the details of the Team Manager like you did in the second section. When the game is scheduled or canceled, this team manager will receive an email notifying him of the actions.
Once you have completed it, your screen should look similar to the one given below.
Step 19: Click the OK button and your team will be created.
After selecting or creating an away team, you will see it added to the game selections.
Step 20: Next step is to select the field on which the game will be played. Click on the Select button next to Field.
Step 21: The process of selecting a field is divided into two steps.
First, you will need to select a Site. On the pop-up window you can search for the site you want, and then click OK.
Once you have selected a site, another pop-up will appear where you can select the field.
You can either select the field from the list or you can search it manually. After you have selected the field, click OK.
After you have selected the field, it is added to the game selections.
Step 22: Next step is to select the Date and Time for your game. Game times are generally determined by time slots that your field coordinator has created for the various fields. Click on Select a timeslot.
After you have clicked on the Select a time-slot button, a new screen will appear that will look like the one below. This is the field's calendar. You will see all time-slots and games on the calendar, which helps you determine when to schedule the game.
Also, note that the green time-slot shows the scheduled games and you should not select a timeslot that already has a game scheduled for it, unless that game is cancelled. The time-slots that are shown in purple are available time-slots. Click on the one that is open to select it.
Step 23: After you are done choosing a timeslot, click the OK button. Your game will be added to the list of games and is ready to be saved.
Step 24: Click on the Save button.
You can see that game has been created successfully and added to the list of scheduled games.