SportLynx makes onboarding new referees quick and easy. There are many helpful configurations you can use to automate the process, as well as ensure the quality of the referees working your games. This article will give you a good overview of what is involved, how it works, and what you and the referee need to do.
Before you get started, you might want to first read about the onboarding configurations and settings.
What the Referee Needs to Do
In order for a referee to request or be assigned to games for your organization, they need to:
- Complete the Referee Registration for your organization
- Make sure they have entered their USSF ID into their Referee Profile
- If they are new to refereeing in SportLynx, they will also need to set up their account to receive payments. That includes:
What Referee Coordinators Need to Do
By default, when a new referee registers, you will get an email notification with their information (you can turn this notification off if you don't want to receive them). You will then be able to view their information in SportLynx and make sure they are ready to referee.
When a new referee registers, a Referee Coordinator should be designated to:
- Check their license information to make sure it is not expired
- Decide whether or not to "Activate" them for your organization. Not everyone who registers as a referee is necessarily fit to referee right away. Similarly, you can flag them as "Requiring Review" which signals to the Referee Coordinators in your organization that there is something that needs investigating
- Make contact with the referee and determine an appropriate Game Strength
- Make sure they are connected to Stripe
- Make sure they have provided their SSN/TIN to SportLynx
- Provide any necessary materials, training, or documents that the referee may need in order to referee for your organization
Once all these steps are complete, the referee is successfully onboarded and ready to request and be assigned to games!