- Log into your website
- In the menu on the left, click on . The Users management page will open.
- At the top of the Users page, click
- Enter the username and email, and any other relevant information.
- Select an appropriate role. The roles are as follows:
- Administrator - somebody who has access to all the administration features within a single site.
- Editor - somebody who can publish and manage posts including the posts of other users.
- Author - somebody who can publish and manage their own posts.
- Contributor - somebody who can write and manage their own posts but cannot publish them.
- Subscriber - somebody who can only manage their profile.
- Click to add the new user
Note: Don't just give every user the Administrative role. Be judicious in your role assignments and make sure that you assign the minimum role necessary for the user to accomplish their tasks in your organization. You can always change their role to something with more permissions later.
Please sign in to leave a comment.